An MSDS (Material Safety Data Sheet) for strontium aluminate (glow in the dark powder) is attached with this instruction sheet. Although the Glow in the Dark Powder is ridiculously safe, the mediums used to mix it in may not be. Always follow the instructions on the packaging of any other substance you are using.
- Clear or White nail polish
- Small plastic funnel
- Glow Powder
- Small wooden or plastic stick (toothpicks)
- For a 10ml bottle of polish you will need to add approximately 5grams of powder.
- Use a funnel to pour the powder in to the polish bottle.
- Mix the powder in well so the polish supports the particles. If you have a small ball bearing, this will also help mix the powder in the polish.
- Apply the polish immediately after stirring.
- Allow to dry before applying another coat.
- Apply up to 3 coats for maximum effect.
Keep in mind
- Glow Powder works best in a clear or white medium. Other colours will absorb the light more than the Glow particles will and so reduce the brightness of glow.
- Glow Powder particles will not ‘dissolve’ in the nail polish medium. You will therefore need to ensure you stir the nail polish immediately prior to applying.
- Multiple coats will provide a brighter glow.
- Do not use metal with the powder as it will affect the glow properties
- Any light source will charge the glow particles in the nail polish.
- The glow effect will last for around 10 hours.
- The darker the environment around you, the brighter your nails will glow.
Got a Glow Question?
Need A little More Info?See Our FAQ
If you can't find what you're after in our FAQ, let us Know your details and tell us a little bit about what you'd like to know - we'll be in touch
I picked up my mail in the glaring sun in Perth and had a bit of an X Files moment when I walked into the house. It took me a few seconds to understand what I was looking at – a glowing envelope. The powder was glowing from inside its packaging. It couldn’t have been more than 20 seconds in the sunlight, plus was still in the tough paper and bubble wrap. This stuff is awesome.Soren, Perth
Hi! Recently my partner purchased some of your glow in the dark powder; I must say that I'm very impressed with your product! The brightness and colour of the glow powder is amazing and so beautiful! We are extremely happy with our purchase; thankyou!Sarah
The glow powder arrived today - totally in awe. It's amazing.Customer
We have used many glow in the dark powders but your product is the best by far.High Voltage Designs
FYI - loving my glow powders - I am an Australian Artist creating unique day/night watercolour artworks with your powders. I thought you might like to see the beauty of how it's looking...Caroline Deeble
This stuff is great qualityLinda Gee