Glow Powder - for water based mediums
Encapsulated Glow Powder - For Water Based Applications
What can you use glow powder for?
The following is a list of some mediums you can add our powder to.
- nail polish
- plaster of paris
You can create things such as:
- body paint
- resin moulds
- fill cracks in wood
- name boards for rooms
- house numbers
What is 'encapsulated' glow powder?
The standard glow powder can't be mixed with water or water based products when it is raw.
So we protected the particles by 'encapsulating' them. You can use the encapsulated powder in non-water based products too.
- It's slightly more expensive
- The brightness is slightly less than standard glow powder
- It comes in the medium particle size
What can't powder be added to?
- Glow powder can't be mixed with metal based products
- If mixed with dark coloured mediums, the glow will be significantly reduced
- Mediums with UV inhibitors will affect the charge time and brightness of glow
How does it work?
Our glow powder is made up of particles that absorb light energy from almost any light source. The sun and UV black lights are the strongest and will charge the particles the quickest (in as little as a minute).
Whilst exposed to light, the particles will hold on to their charge. When the surrounding light drops the particles start to 'let go' of their charge and a glow is seen. The darker the area, the brighter the glow.
How much will I need?
Generally speaking, around 30grams of powder per 100ml of whatever medium you choose. We strongly recommend you do a small trial first though to test the effect and the efficacy of the resulting product (for example, too much powder in paint can affect how the paint adheres to a surface).
Glowing Gecko offers 3 main colour choices:
- Yellow Green (brightest)
- Blue Green
- Sky Blue (least brightest)
Benefits of glow in the dark powder:
- Glow in the dark powder from Glowing Gecko is completely safe
- There is no need for batteries or wires
- There's almost no maintenance
- No chemical reactions occur and it is NOT radioactive
- It is non flammable
- Environmentally friendly
Head to our FAQ's page for heaps of really cool information.
They only take a few minutes to charge by ANY light source and will glow for up to 12 hours in the dark.Buy Now